About Tangata Group
Tangata Group is a human and disability rights-based organization that facilitates collaboration among ethiopia-vietnam4domestic and international communities in developing local projects that support access to advocacy, education, law reform, and sustainable development to assure the rights of people with disabilities to live self-directed lives with dignity.
- Recognizes and respects the cultural, social, political, racial, historical, and economic contexts and rights of local communities around the world;
- Values the essence of humanity, with empathy for all;
- Encourages full and equitable participation in all human activities (facets) of life;
- Holds paramount equitable treatment and local ways of knowing and understanding human beings;
- Fights for the elimination of all forms of discrimination (e.g., systemic, individual, physical, attitudinal, legal, educational); and
- Is committed to implementing decolonizing and indigenous methodologies.
Tangata Group envisions a world where people with disabilities have access to live self-directed and dignified lives that are free of oppression, exploitation, and discrimination.