Tangata Group is a human and disability rights-based organization that facilitates collaboration among domestic and international communities in developing local projects that support access to advocacy, education, law reform, and sustainable development to assure the rights of people with disabilities to live self-directed lives with dignity.
- Recognizes and respects the cultural, social, political, racial, historical, and economic contexts and rights of local communities around the world;
- Values the essence of humanity, with empathy for all;
- Encourages full and equitable participation in all human activities (facets) of life;
- Holds paramount equitable treatment and local ways of knowing and understanding human beings;
- Fights for the elimination of all forms of discrimination (e.g., systemic, individual, physical, attitudinal, legal, educational); and
- Is committed to implementing decolonizing and indigenous methodologies.
Tangata Group envisions a world where people with disabilities have access to live self-directed and dignified lives that are free of oppression, exploitation, and discrimination.